Renting a basement apartment in Toronto is beginning to be a common alternative for many. Why? The main reason is generally, basement apartments are not priced as high as condos.
I recently suggested a basement apartment to my client and before I could show her the pictures (it was within her budget and in the perfect location too) she said: “Oh no, I’m not interested in a basement, I need something bright and airy and not damp.” I replied by saying, “Yup, that’s exactly what I’m going to show you, something bright, airy and not damp.” And… I did!
There is still a stigma and preconceived notions about basement apartments in Toronto and personally… I get it. Throughout my years in Real Estate, I have done many leases and have seen my fair share of dark, damp, smelly basements. But we can’t categorize all basement apartments as the same.
Toronto has many beautifully renovated basement apartments and lower-level units that are a great option for renters and reasonably priced. I think these properties should not be ruled out and worth researching and checking out.
Renovated basement apartment in The Junction, Toronto ON
Location: 529 Runnymede Rd – Lower Level
Offered at: $1,850 ALL Inclusive with Parking Included
Top 10 Reasons why I love this Basement Apartment
10) Private separate entrance
9) Parking – This basement apartment comes with one parking spot, laneway access and also free parking on Runnymede
8) Steps to transit – 71 Runnymede bus is right at your doorstep & goes to the subway
7) Ensuite washer and drying – no shared washer and drying
6) High ceilings – no bending down to get from room to room, unless you’re over 8ft tall
5) Bright and cozy – not dark, lots of light
3) New modern kitchen – Clean and contemporary, good counter space and layout
2) No damp smell – It throws the stigma out the door
1) Renovated from top to bottom – Everything is new, has never been lived in, you would be the first!
I hope you don’t rule out basement apartments in Toronto because you could be saving money and missing out on a great place to call home.
For assistance with your search, please contact me. It would be my pleasure to help.